Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Year of Performance Tracking

It has been more than a year since I first started to measure my daytrading systemperformance on a monthly basis. Here a couple of charts I put together to see how I have been fairing:








These graphs tell me that I have been doing the right thing all year long by:
1) Generating the right trading ideas at the right time
2) Diversifying my money in two different market places, i.e. Major Pairs and Yen Crosses.

I am able to make steady gains with the two systems, simply by betting against the short-term moves for the US dollar and Japanese Yen day in day out. The combined results say it all. I have made more gains than losses, 10 positive months out of 14, averaging about 310 pips each month.

Worth mentioning, the only one time my system made a triple-digit losses was back in July 2008, that is -140 pips. Others are -50, -70 and -25 pips in May' 08, Nov' 08 and Jan' 09. Also on the plus side, the system is capable of hitting four-digit monthly gains, which so far outstrip the recorded losses by many times. This has already happened twice: +1175 pips in Aug' 08 and just recently +1055 pips in Feb' 09.

Overall, my system did incredibly well even when the market was volatile. I hope my system can continue to make gains for me and you as the economy recovers

No comments: